Monday, August 11, 2014

Mermaids are Magical Creatures

Presently working on a possible Mermaid-en....Its great fun to see the individual personalities pop up out of nowhere as hair is sewn on, material choices are being made and fun findings (buttons, laces, sequins) are placed.

These are the moments that are what make "dolls" magical for me and why I keep making them.
My husband asked me one day why I continue to make them....(my thumbs are losing their lining-a bit painful sometimes.) And I answered...."they're Magical to me" I feel kind of lost without that time that I spend in creating them and I love being able to share that "Magic" and joy with others.

 I chose a simplified body structure (my own pattern-just squares and rectangles) because I wanted to do a lot of covering with the dressing and tail. I may even at this point re-work the body...not sure just yet.
So this is where I'm at right now and still playing with the hair style, but who knows what we'll end up with..that's the pleasure and the magic of making dolls.

I'll be back soon! Oh and be on the look out for the Funkefragmentz website! we're in construction now! yay!

Thanks for stopping by,
Michelle

No comments: