Saturday, September 24, 2011

21 more days to Packing D-Day

I have been organizing, throwing out and making the necessary trips to the local thrift shop and I think I'm ready to start packing! That was my thought this morning, so I started to pack mid afternoon. I now have 6 boxes done and my entire entertainment center and book shelf clean. It feels pretty good now that I at least have this much done.

I have 21 days left to get my belongings, well at least the things that I want to take, packed and ready for the POD. Its a guess as to how much I can fit into this "U-Haul" POD. I mean I've got the measurements that they gave me but until I actually see it it's just hard to tell. I plan to go to the local U-Haul place on Monday so maybe that will help :)

Truely, I can only think of how much everything hurts right now.....ow. I went through this 2 days ago when I cleaned out the kitchen pantry & cabinets and then also the bathroom cabinets too. It took me a whole day after that to feel normal again. This back surgery recoup is tricky to say the least. Anyway,  I gathered 6 bags of trash and they were a bit heavier than I expected or needed them to be so in pain is what I am. But the real revelation was what I came across as I cleaned and I also found it hard to believe that I actually had that much "junk" that I wasn't using! What was I thinking holding on to 5 lotion bottles that only had a 1/4 of an inch of lotion left? And "scrunchies" bahahahaha, yep I said scrunchies. I still felt the need to hang onto several and in a variety of colors to match all my outfits. Oh dear, It was definitely time to do this.

I found a few other things in my cleaning frenzy that made me laugh as well but definitely not mentionable :) take my word.

I will have to work on the art room next but I really hesitate doing this because then everything that I adore working on or with will be packed away. Its inevitable though, it has to be done and I'll be there before I know it. I hope I still believe that sentence once the tape is on the last box of crafts/ paints and material.

The great thing about this traveling adventure is that I will have some wonderful pictures and some fabulous quality time with my oldest daughter

Lets see what I have in my pictures "bag of tricks" to post and then I'm off to bed. My back is finally starting to relax and I'm going to take advantage of this glorious feeling.

Here's to a good nights rest and some beautiful dreamz,

Michelle

No comments: