Thursday, January 17, 2008

Work, Food, Work, Food....

Im working tooooo hard! I haven't had time to think about food. Mostly I'm thinking about the servers that I have to deal with, the management that I have to deal with and the constant struggle. What fun. Im making dinner tonight as I try to do a least twice a week.

Baked Chicken with a Red Wine reduction

4-6 Leg-thigh combinations (2 whole boneless breasts for lower cal version)

8-12 fresh mushrooms

1 can/box chicken stock

1 cup red wine (as they say, make sure it's something that you would drink)

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. fresh ground pepper ( I dont' measure I just grind on top of the chicken)

1 Clove fresh garlic minced ( or 1 tsp garlic powder)

2-3 tbls. Olive Oil

Wash chicken and pat dry. Season with garlic (rub the fresh garlic on the chicken), salt, and pepper. Pour olive oil in frying pan and lightly brown on each side. Take chicken out of pan and pour small amount of chicken stock in. Deglaze pan by gently stirring. Cut mushrooms into slices and add to deglazed pan. Let mushrooms heat and slightly reduce the chicken stock. Add wine and chicken and cover bake for 25 mins. at 400 degrees. After 25 mins. take out of oven, take lid off and reduce liquid to half on top of stove.

You can pour this mixture over rice, mashed potatoes or just savor it next to a green veg of your choice! Enjoy

Dulce

No comments: