Monday, April 13, 2009

Im Back...






Anyway, to continue my story....It couldnt have been but the very next day and I looked inside the pot and the nest had been put back completely! (fast little guys)And the eggs had been laid!Ok so I leave the nest in of course and I water around them!!! It didnt take long for the birds to hatch and then I had a cute little bird family. Aww. I looked in on them each day, I had to water around them (didnt want to loose my plant). Well soon enough they were standing and flapping their wings, Im sure, prepping for the big day of flight. One day my youngest and I happened to be standing in the living room and I noticed that the papa bird was on the edge of the planter, peep, peep, peeping. Then suddenly one of the babies jumped up onto the edge of the planter and within a few peeps and flaps they both flew away! This continued each half hour (there were five of them).Then came time for the last bird to be beckoned out by papa bird. Papa landed on the edge of the planter, peep, peep, flap, flap and the last of the babies jumped up on the edge of the planter. Papa bird peeped and flapped and the baby bird did the same. Papa bird jumped off the planter to fly away with the last of the babies and the last baby jumped back in the planter! Guess he/she wasnt ready. We had to do the chicken dance to get him to fly away once the father bird came back, we only hoped that it helped :)They both happily flew away and of course I lost my plant, couldnt get enough water around them. But I had a happy little bird family singing to me each day until they flew away.

Letting go is hard but its essential to the balance and adventure of life.

I love my girls with all my heart. I have two of my own and a new step daughter.

I hope each will listen to head and heart equally and find that balance in their life.

Never give up the adventure, the spirit that life brings. Embrace it.

Thanks for listening,

Dulce

No comments: