Monday, August 17, 2009

Painting dreamz piece by piece





Just stopped by to show a bit of my progress. I love the texture of the material I am using. I have a before and after of the canvas and of course all the materials that Im using. I will be applying one more coating of gesso before I start my painting. I used stretcher bars 19x32 and about a 1/2 yd of organic muslin. I have one coat of gesso on the canvas now and once the second coat is dry I will decide whether I want to lightly sand and recoat or leave as is for texture.

Im sure the colors will come to me as I start my dream painting. Im very excited and curious to see what comes of my efforts.

I will also leave you with a pic of a butterfly that decided to land on my patio just beyond the railing. Each time I see a butterfly I see joy and peace. They are such a pleasure to watch. This one decided to say goodbye as well, how honored I felt to have this one show me its beauty just one more time. They dont live a very long life Iam told, but they provide such wonder and beauty while they are here.

Thank you for listening, Dulce

No comments: