Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Doll for a Baby Girl

Im on the road to finishing the "rag" doll that I started for my daughter's best friend's baby girl born in December of 2012! And as usual I have my favorite friend...Ms Sophia to help me along.

The head and face are now done and Im in the process of adding hair. I applied an iron on face with brown eyes that I purchased from my favorite Hobby Lobby store ,also a bag of synthetic curly hair.
This will be my first try at using curly synthetic hair, should be fun learning a new style of hair application. I have always hand sewn yarn onto a "baby's doll" so that the hair didnt come out when played with, this doll however will be one that will sit on a shelf. I will post a step by step on both styles so that you can make your choice.
Next on the list is the baby's clothing and Ive chosen some really cute pink combinations. I'm also thinking about some lacy pantaloons, but I'll have to look into what I've got in my material stores or go back to the fabric house...such a difficult thing to do! I could spend days in fabric stores and hobby & craft stores too ;)
I'll leave you with this for today and I'm off to the sewing machine for a few moments in time.....back tomorrow. Patterns to post in the next few days.

Talk to you soon,

Michelle
 

No comments: