Saturday, April 12, 2008

Im Back!


I'm back and feeling much better! Wow that can really take a bite out of your day ,(week,month...whoa!) Still not a 100% but good enough to sit and blog.

I can't say enough about the medical technology of today! Zip,zip,zip and you're like new. And the drugs that are available, wow. I'm not much of a pill taker or any other drug for that matter, give me some wine and I'm' cured, but wow. I'm sure that all these and many more drugs do their job in one way or another but somehow I'm not the target audience. I was on morphine for about 24 hrs and then came the percocet!!!! EEEEk!

The morphine didn't really do the job for very long (Motrin 800 worked better) and then came the percocet which really just made me hallucinate, yes I said hallucinate. I was hearing really strange, loud sounds in my head as I slept. I kept feeling like I was interacting with the tv as I was sleeping, you know, they would ask a question and I would answer it! And it wasn't a quiz show!

Glad to be home though. I have about 3 weeks recoup time, one of which will be my honeymoon! 10 glorious days away with the love of my life, can't wait. Of course feeling better is the key here. I'm going to lay down for awhile so I'll leave you with a recipe, which I haven't done in a while.

TOFU PIE

Graham Cracker Crust

1 Pkg Tofu

1 Packet of gelatin

1 Tsp. Vanilla

1 Tbl. Lemon or Orange flavor diet powder drink (any flavor of your choice)

1 Tsp. butter flavor

1 Tsp. lemon or lime zest

2 Tbl. powdered milk

2 Tsp. low cal sweetener

2 drops of corresponding food coloring

1 cup cold water

1 cup boiling water

Soften gelatin in one cup of cold water then stir in one cup of boiling water until dissolved. Let cool.

In processor mix package of tofu (drained) with 1 tsp vanilla, gelatin mix, powdered drink mix, 1 tsp of butter flavor, zest, powdered milk, sweetener and food coloring. Blend

Pour into 9 inch graham pie shell (purchased).

Will be loose. Let set for 2-3 hours.

This pie is really delicious and light. Approx. 160 calories give or take for the entire pie. So have fun, eat and enjoy!

Thanks for listening, Dulce

No comments: