Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My last day off before the 1st day of work...



I've been catching up on the everyday things before I go back to work, I'm anxious to see the changes that have occured while I was gone. And there will have been changes, believe me. My job is very dog eat dog to say the least.

I've mentioned the "Lemur" before, well he tells me that he will be taking a leave per his doctor?! Surprise, surprise....He says that it's because he was diagnosed with severe high blood pressure? Hmmm. Oh but of course. What's that song by Amy Winehouse?

I'm ok with him not being there, it's the other mini me's that concern me. And truthfully it's really not a true concern, it's just something to watch and laugh about and juggle.

I do look forward to seeing some of my servers though. You just come to know and love SOME of them. They are, for the most part, younger than me and seem like my adopted children sometimes. I have two ladies that are near or my age that I love dearly that I truly look forward to seeing again and can't wait to talk to. Have to catch up on the day to days.

I miss the Chefs too, even the cranky ones!

I'm planing on making some chicken tonight. I won't be able to cook the rest of the week because of work so I'm making the meals while I can. We had seafood the entire time we were at the Cape, and I'm having withdrawals. OH well, deal with it, right?

The chicken is a no brainer, just some leg thigh combos and some bone in breasts.

2 of each (chicken) wash and pat dry

garlic salt and pepper to taste

drizzle of olive oil in the frying pan (medium heat)

brown lightly (both sides)

seperate pan, 1 onion/ course chop, mushrooms/ sliced.

saute, medium heat in olive oil and butter until lightly brown. Add 1/2 cup of your favorite red wine, let reduce for 15 min.

When chicken and mushroom/onion mixture is lightly brown combine and cover. Put into oven at 325 for 30mins.

Take chicken out of oven pour over rice or potatoes and enjoy. I'm making baked potatoes tonight. Hope you love it!

Thanks for listening, Dulce

No comments: