Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Manager Quits

Yep,one of the asst. clubhouse mgr's quit her position and took an accounting job at the club. This does free up the payroll in our department. Maybe the asst. gen. mgr. will quit looking at me (the lowest man on the totem pole).

It's a rainy day and we're looking at all day for this fun. Grey skies and low 50's. Good day for cleaning and blogging.

My fiance came down with the flu on Valentine's Day. He rarely gets sick enough to stay home from work but this one did it. I've always heard that chicken soup (the homemade version) has healing qualities. I gave it a try and it came out great, delicious in fact. I surprised myself.

Here's the recipe

1 Boneless chicken breast

1 Sweet onion

4 Stalks of celery

2 Medium bay leaves

2 Chicken boullion cubes

Garlic Salt & Pepper to taste


In a 5 quart pot fill 3/4 with water. Drop in 2 chicken boullion cubes on medium heat. Wash and pat dry chicken breast. Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper on both sides. Brown lightly in olive oil on both sides. Cut onion in quarters and celery in 1/2 inch chunks. Saute both in olive oil until onions are just turning clear. Put onions and celery in pot of water that is now at a mild boil. Add Chicken breast as is, dont' cut it up you can do that later. Turn heat down between medium and low. Let simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Keep and eye on it for water level, you want to have a decent amount of broth left when the soup is done. Taste it about half way through for re-seasoning of salt and or pepper. MMMmm. Hope you like it, we did.

I poured my chicken soup over some mashed potatoes. Certainly hit the spot. My love drank only the broth, he wasn't feeling so hot. But I have to say he did go to work the next day and the day after he said he was feeling great. There's something to that chicken soup myth after all hmm?

Thanks for listening,

Dulce

No comments: