Sunday, September 16, 2012

3rd & Final Segment in The Making of Mahdreen

Good Morning! Its hard to believe that I'm posting the last segment of Mahdreen, when she took sooooo long to be created. But here she is........
This is just after the hand sewing of her hair, made from a portion of a yarn that was very popular about 4 yrs ago for scarves. You can see I experimented on her eye makeup also, this was with watercolor pencils.
I also added in braids before completing the hair that was attached to her head.
Once I had her hair in place I played around with some embellishments, 2 more types of yarn that I had in my bag of tricks! When you compare this picture to that of the completed Mahdreen you can see many changes! That's what I love, love, love about creating my own dolls ;D
CREATIVE LICENSE..yayy
As I had posted in the previous segment, I added on breasts for Mahdreen by cutting out a small piece of flesh colored knit fabric. I hand stitched a gathering under each piece (they are connected),stuffed them with a fiberfill and then hand stitched them to her body.
You can also see some of her jeweled embellishments, I added beads just about anywhere I could find a place! And a bit of ribbon here and there.
Elf Shoes, again a scrap piece of drapery fabric, cut in the shape of a curly toed shoe!
I changed the yarn in Mahdreen's hair to ribbon & gave her an earring. You can also see that I've changed her eye makeup as well. I used acrylic paint this time and achieved the final look, which I was very happy with.
Mahdreen has one wire sculpted hand and one jeweled mystic hand...there is a story behind that, that I will have to tell sometime. Turning small fingers like these can be a bit frustrating but with the right tools you can breeze through them in no time.

                                                    A completed Mahdreen.....side view
                                                                       Front view

                                                            side view left
                                           MAHDREEN THE ELDER ELF OF WISDOM

I've enjoyed making Mahdreen from the top of her ear to the tip of her toes! Every moment filled me with a thrill of excitement........ENJOY!

Thank you for dropping in,

Michelle

 
 
 

No comments: