Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mahdreen the Elder Elf of Wisdom.....COMPLETED!

First a picture of the beautiful Mahdreen, my Elder Elf of Wisdom.....completed!
 She has been the most patient Elf that I've ever known, so many months and a yr have gone by since I began her. She has waited through all my healing from surgery, moving to AZ, getting settled in my new abode and then a few other projects that seem to have jumped ahead of her. Ah, but here she is finally completed and as beautiful as I thought she would be from the inception.

I will post a tutorial on her as best I can, being that she was a personal project I didn't get a step by step picture of her progress. She has gone through many changes as I put her together and played with the possibilities of what she would look like when finished.

This has been a learning experience for me as well in making Mahdreen. As I read more about soft sculptured dolls I came upon new ideas, I mixed them with the picture I had in my vision of her and voila'.........My greatest desire is to add more Elves to Mahdreen & Zandar's world.

Zandar (above), for those who are new to my blog, is my first Elf. Zandar is not my pattern (a pattern from SDA) but his clothing and detailing are. Mahdreen is a pattern drawn by me, as are her sculpting, clothing and detailing.

I will have a tutorial on Mahdreen coming this week! I also have a grandson on the way (November) so I'm making a quilt...my first for both! I will be sure and post on the progression of it and of course make a tutorial out of it as well. I also have a new doll that I've drawn just recently and plan to start that too! Busy, Busy, Busy!

See you soon,

Michelle

No comments: