Friday, September 7, 2012

A Summer Hiatus

Hello Again.....I've had a few months off and still I'm making things (big smile).

Since I've last posted I have made another purse but this time its for my youngest daughter's Mini Chihuahua! She's only 4 1/2 lbs and loves to be carried or taken with no matter where you go, she's a cutie.  And since dogs are not allowed just anywhere and she's so small, well, you can fit her in a purse and shop as you please.

Most of the time when we shop with Lupe (the chihuahua) in arm everyone wants to stop us and pet her or talk to her. Sometimes though when we get to the check stand...some of the attendants are not  as pleased...so hence the making of the purse. Now Lupe can come along with us, happy and undetected!

I made the purse from a Simplicity pattern, decided on some upholstery fabric and leatherette (for durability) and also bought a purse bottom (a lightweight Plexiglas) so that Lupe felt sure footed when she's in it.

I didn't make a tutorial out of it but if you like it and want more information on it I can certainly do that. Or I can just pass along the pattern #.. :) Here's the purse, completely finished..its now in the custody of Lupe and her Mom, my daughter-youngest, Kristen.
I also put in a lining with special meaning....a piece of material that we saved from Kristen's childhood curtains.

I'm now starting a quilt for my grandson to be born in Nov ! So excited, this will be my first grandchild. Here's some of the material that I've chosen. I have it cut out and ready for sewing.
There will be a tutorial on this coming soon.............
This is just a snip-it for your viewing pleasure....
Talk to you soon, p.s. Mahdreen's finished, she'll be in the next post!

Michelle

No comments: