Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mahdreens progress :)

I am moving right along with Mahdreen, my female Elf of wisdom. I have her body completely done but for one hand...I told you about Sophia confiscating it. Well I never did find it so I decided to add a half limb and I want to embellish her hand, well what would be her hand. My daughter Kristen saw her without the hand at the end and said "hey why dont you put something there besides a hand?" So I am.

She said remember the skecksies (sp?) from the Dark Crystal (one of our favorite movies, go figure !)? When they were eating they had these extensions made of some kind of metal that were really cool. I said "perfect"!

I havent decided exactly what that extension will look like but it will be really cool :).

In the meantime I've made some eyeballs out of clay, not my original idea, I got this one from Rivkah at Doll Makers Muse. I bought her pattern for her doll called Tikvah and there were many great ideas that can be incorporated. I did however devise a way to put in eyelids that came out great and were so easy to do. I will include this tip in the pattern of Mahdreen when she is done and the pattern is ready.

Well Im off to a new doll workshop in a nearby city. Cant wait to see whats new in the doll making world!.
I will post Mahdreen tonight when I get back, she is drying. For the time being I will show you what I've done with the eyes and also her face before the eyes were painted and inserted with eyelids. Oh I also gessoed her face and sanded it one time but not in this picture. She is looking great, I cant wait to show you what she looks like. My camera is also charging or I would post it now.

Oh well the element of surprise...

See you soon,

Michelle

No comments: