Saturday, January 14, 2012

Rag A Muffin Rug

I just finished my rug last night! I just love it,  colors, texture and all. I havent made a rug of this type for so many years I cant tell you. I started making them 16, 18 yrs ago? as I count the time I cant believe that its been that long. I made a few way back when to pass some time while my shop was taking off and enjoyed it so much that I cant believe I didnt keep up with it. Anywho...I've caught the bug once again and all because of a get together project for my youngest daughter and myself.

I had a great time rekindling an art that I had almost forgotten about, so much so that Im adding it to a division of my workshop.

I have now started a basket and have the bottom portion finished. I'll start decreasing to bring the sides in (im not working with a pattern so its design as I go) until it starts to look like the shape Ive got in my head :) I'm even thinking that I will make a basket for my kitty Ms Sophia! She has never liked a traditional cat bed, even though I bought her a brand new one the moment she came home to live with me. But I love her and I'll make her a bed and see if she likes this one, lol, lets hope? Cat lovers, hmm, we are a different breed ourselves.

I will get out my doll misc. this next week, im looking forward to it. I've had Zandar out almost since I moved into my new place. He's such an inspiration and guide to me. He reminds me that I love to create and that there's more waiting to come to life as well.

Have you ever looked at something that you've made and thought "how did I do that"? Well I have. I can remember feeling that way in my younger yrs after drawing/painting something. I had a teacher in Jr high ask me "so Michelle tell me how you made that painting" and I replied "I dont know" because I actually didnt feel that I could explain the process. Just an off the wall, random thought but I feel that way when I look at Zandar. He reminds me that I have a lot of creativity that is waiting to be shared with the rest of the world.

So back to the drawing board of life and what Im doing today which is a collection of things. Im first going to play with Ms Sophia who is trilling at me to stop typing, yes she trills not meows, cute though. And then I will work on my basket for a while. I would like to finish the bathroom today also so that I can put my rug in there. Its the reason I began a rug of my own after teaching Kristen how to start hers. I never mentioned that she's a lefty did I? Yes it was something to teach a lefty how to crochet :) but a good brain workout for me! Both of my girls, Andrea and Kristen are great at crocheting as well as many other artistic ventures, ahh passing on the genes, lol. I have to bring out my brag book every once in a while dont I? :D

Ok I'll stop, haha.

Talk to you soon,

Michelle

No comments: