Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sugar Cookies, Oh My!

I was chatting with a very dear friend of mine from L.A. this morning and in the course of the conversation she told me about a sugar cookie recipe that she's had for, well,  forever. Our conversation was about business, entrepreneurs and ideas for what sells and I was telling her about a local Farmers Market that Im interested in putting some food items in. Long story short; she gave me a beautiful Sugar Cookie recipe and I spent my day going to the market for baking misc and came home to make them. Below is the sugar, eggs & butter. Then next the flour, salt, baking soda &  vanilla.


This recipe calls for 4 1/2c's of flour! I dont bake often but I thought "wow that sounds more like a cake than a cookie". And as my girls can tell you, my cookies often come out more like crackers! I like them crisp and I like them tender but I dont like gooey cookies, so hence crackers. The dough is a bit stiff once completely combined but still pliable and needs to be refrigerated for an hour.

In the meantime I did some dishes, I really dont like having to do dishes at the end of baking or cooking so Im a clean as I go person.

They take about 10-12 mins at 350' and couldnt have been any easier to make.
They are mildly sweet and would be great with Tea, Coffee or Milk! And if you really wanted to make them a bit more decadent I could see them with a great frosting, mmm.

I've had 2 already and I think I'd better stop before I ruin my dinner, Im making some ribs in homemade bbq sauce :)

cant wait to show you my finished rag rug, its coming out so beautiful. I've even started a rag basket.

Talk to you soon, Michelle






No comments: