Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Projects! Crochet Rugs & Capelets

I have been working on a few things to keep me busy over the last week & 1/2, a crochet rug, a child's capelet & a much needed makeover for my dining room chairs.

The rug started out as a crafty something to do on Christmas Eve day for me and my youngest, Kristen. Somehow we got on the subject and before you knew it we were crocheting a rug. I brought out a few pieces of cotton fabric that I had in my collection of material and a large crochet hook (size 15 for Kristen and an 11.5 is what I'm using now for my rug).

The basics for it are: Chain a length of material (strips about 1inch), the size of the rug will depend on the length of the chain. Kristen decided she wanted a rug for her kitchen (oblong) and so she started with approx. a chain of 12. She then turned back on the chain & proceeded with single crochets across the entire length. At the end of the length she added 3 sc's on the last chain then continuing around in a circle.
If you're interested in the complete instructions for a crochet rug just leave me an email address and I'd be more than happy to send one out to you.

She is still working on her rug, it's pretty big now but she wants it larger so that it fits between the sink and stove. I have put a little less time into my rug but I've stopped to make a few other projects as well. And it can be a bit tough on your hands wrestling with a rug :) so interjecting a lighter project every once in a while is good for me.

I've also put together a child's capelet in a beautiful multicolored fleece, so cute. Its funny with some art/craft projects, they are so much fun and you just love looking at them so much that its hard to let them go. This Capelet will be on Etsy in my store in just a few days, I'll miss this one. But I know somewhere a child will be wearing it, with a smile and some laughter and a bit warmer for the wear.

I also re-upholstered my dining room chairs with some great fabric that Kristen & I found on one of our trips to the nearby fabric store find here in Phoenix (one of them, I did find another one that I love but the first is a bit more eclectic). They have a great selection of fabric and misc sewing needs for moderate prices.


Well I'm off to relax for a bit before bed, I hope you have enjoyed these new crafty Art projects. I will be posting a how to on a new doll sometime soon. I'm almost back in the swing of things and I'm loving it. My Art Room is coming along great.

See you soon,

Michelle

No comments: