Saturday, April 2, 2011

Definitely Day 8 of Soft Sculptured Dolls




Soon I will want to name this lovely creature, for I am sure she has come to life.

I have just finished applying the gesso to her face. I applied several coats each after the other without waiting for them to dry. I will let them dry altogether and then will give a fine sanding and then one more gentle layer of gesso. We can then apply her makeup....the fun part!

Oh and while trying to take some of the first pictures, well actually the first picture I started to take, I dropped the head that was on the stick right on top of my little Sophia :o. Sophia was trying to be nosy as usual and couldnt wait for her chance to jump in the large planter next to my art/sewing desk!lol and in trying to hurry the pictures along, hoping she wouldnt jump in, I dropped it right on her black little face lol. Im still giggling about it as I write. Ok, so I had to stop, grab her, call my husband to help and then wash her down. Fortunately its non toxic paint and she was very good about getting her face washed. I wished I had taken a picture...I was just so concerned that she would start licking it off her face or it would dry and I wouldnt be able to get all of it!.

She's all clean and I have some pictures of the head with gesso. I want to cut out the body pattern tonight and take some pictures of that also. The face will definitely not be ready to be painted until tomorrow or the next, so we're looking at Tues for face painting. But that gives me lots of time to work on the body!

She's coming along just fine, I will be back hope you're enjoying the fun in the making.

Thanks for dropping in, Dulce The Dreamweaver

No comments: