Thursday, May 26, 2011

NEW DOLL...back in the saddle

Hello to all, Im in the midst of my new doll and enjoying every moment :)Im feeling great and now that I have the fern and palm outside im progressing just fine, yay. I have a few pictures of the bits and pieces for you to see. Its not my pattern, its from the magazine Soft Dolls & Animals. Its an elf pattern that is very interesting and challenging, And, I would love to see what variation I can come up with. I will show you what my version looks like step by step and then also post at the end what the original looks like. Its already challenging me at this point and im only beginning!

Im still looking for a vendor to purchase future suede from but I did find some "alova suede" at JoAnn Fabrics yesterday. It was $8+ which is much more than needs to be spent on this type of fabric but thats JoAnn's for you! I bought a 1/2 yd to see what it's like to work with and I will also purchase a yd or 2 from Hancock Fabrics $6+, more like it!. I understand that Hancock has taken over for a very well known and respected supplier of doll fabric that is no longer in business. I will give it a try :)

We also had a few days of crazy storms, meant to post a picture of the first day of storms and didnt. Last night we had a few funnel cloud sightings and some Tornado warnings...a bit frightening to say the least. The funnel cloud was very close by, 1/2 mile or so and even closer to my daughter! I called her several times to see if everything was ok! She was fine and now she calls me her own personal weather girl! lol, but not so funny last night.
So I will get back to my doll and post some more tomorrow! Hopefully no more storms tonight, they called for a few but I think we've had enough.
See you tomorrow, Michelle, the storm chaser :o

No comments: