Sunday, May 1, 2011

Feeling great!


Im feeling great now and cant wait to get back to the task at hand! I've scrapped the doll head that I started and will begin a new one :) didnt realize that there were other doll artists that are in favor of this one practice in particular until I read an excerpt from another doll makers blog. She said that she had been through 3 doll heads just for the one doll...phew! I dont feel so bad now.

I was not really happy with the way the head had turned out once I started to paint her face and decided that I would try to sculpt a bit more. Alas you cannot sculpt once you have gesso on the material...I tried. So I will start another face and go from there. Looking forward to moving on but it will be on the slow side as far as the dolls are concerned due to the bit of surgery that I will have upcoming. I should be on the mend and back to the "dashboard" late next week but will post until this next Monday.

I should take some new pictures, maybe make some rounds on the town for interesting pics? We shall see, glad to be back :)

Dulce

No comments: